Well, in its most basic form, a corporate video is a video produced by a company or organisation, usually to promote its brand or product. It’s an umbrella term for all video communications used for external or internal messaging, which are far reaching and varied. From promotional videos to launch new products and services to testimonial films, community interest films or live event coverage, video is increasingly used as a means of delivering information across a variety of platforms.
5 reasons why Corporate Videos are on the rise
According to a study by Wyzowl, in 2018, 81% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool, and 65% of those who don’t currently use video say they plan to start in 2018. Here are some of the reasons we believe this is the case:
- Video marketing at broadcast quality is becoming far more accessible to all businesses - not just those with huge advertising budgets.
- Videos drive more traffic to your website, fact. SEO loves video and search engines are taking videos more and more into account, ranking them higher than ever before. Having a video on a website can significantly improve both the amount and quality of traffic to a website.
- Videos are great for explaining products in the way you want them to be explained. You can get a lot of information into a relatively short space of time and display it in the context you want it to be received, making it perfect for explaining complex products or services.
- Videos grab viewers attention - and keep it. It is widely proven that messages received through video are far better absorbed than text, as your brain can process visuals far quicker.
- Videos are great for sharing! Supported across all platforms and devices - whether its facebook, instagram, linkedin, twitter, or your own corporate website or email campaign, consumers love to interact, comment on and share videos that they’ve viewed, which all helps broaden your brand message.